Usually about this time of year we start to get photo and information leaks about new GoPro Cameras that could be released in the fall. Several months ago we got our first information about a new GoPro Hero 7 Black with a filing to do with Bluetooth. There was a lot of debate on Reddit about what the information meant but really no concrete information. A few days ago we got our first supposed leaked images of the upcoming GoPro Hero 7 Black. Who knows if these are legitimate or fakes, the timing does work with a possible release of a new GoPro about 6 weeks away.
If these image are indeed real then what we know for certain is that it will have the same form factor as the GoPro Hero 5/6 Black and the new budget Hero that was released earlier in the spring. I myself am glade they did not update the cameras form factor as it will be more compatible with existing products. One thing I am curious about is if they will make the Hero 7 compatible with the Karma Drone? Considering theoretically it will fit in the cradle for the Karma Grip/Drone it should work with some simple firmware updates for the drone.
GoPro Hero 7 Release Date
Historically GoPro tends to release their new flagship cameras near the end of September with an event to announce the new line up. As of today’s date there is no official announcement or event scheduled but I will update this post once more information is available and an event date has been announced.
There are many theory’s about what will be released this fall. There was a rumor floating around that there will be 3 new cameras released or 3 new products. This could be a camera and 2 new mounts or 3 new cameras. Perhaps 2 new camera and a new updated Karma Grip 2. Who knows, but I would personally love to see a brand new GoPro Hero 7 Session released along side a new Hero 7 Black.
Keep an eye on this page as I will updated it as new information becomes available or leaks online.
UPDATE 1 (August 13):
Credit: Goprawn. According to an FCC report GoPro will be releasing at least 2 new Camera in the Hero 7 line These will be entry level cameras.
1st one is dark grey colored SPTM1(Version S) S representing “Silver Model” it will have GPS
2nd light grey SPTM1(Version W), W representing “White Model” No GPS and lower resolutions.
So presumably there will be a 3rd camera the Hero 7 Black and this will be the new full featured flagship camera. But little to no information is available yet. This new camera will most likely have an updated version of the GP1 chip possibly a GP2 chip.
Here are some possibly leaked photos of the new GoPro Hero 7 menu system. Some interesting changes if these are legitimate.
New GoPro Hero (2018) Being Released March 29th 2018
GoPro is releasing a new low cost GoPro on March 29th. Nick Woodman commented at CES 2018 this year that GoPro would introduce a new low cost camera this spring in hopes of attracting new customers with its lower price tag. The idea is that they will love the camera and in-turn upgrade to the more expensive flagship camera (Hero 6 Black). We have a lot of information and specs about the camera thanks to an online retailer that accidentally publish the camera too early (has since been removed). It is believed the new camera will cost $199 US dollars.
UPDATE: The new 2018 GoPro Hero has now been released and available on the GoPro website and Amazon.
GoPro Hero (2018) https://amzn.to/2J5qOKP
Specs of the new GoPro Hero (2018)
Meet HERO. With a touch screen and durable waterproof design, it’s easy to score awesome shots of any adventure. Or use it to capture everyday things from creative new perspectives. Your moments move right to the GoPro app and transform into amazing videos, automatically.1 Wherever life takes you, capture and share your story with HERO.
Features + Benefits
- 2-Inch Touch Screen: Quickly switch between modes, frame the perfect shot and check out your footage on the 2-inch touch screen.
- Waterproof + Durable: Built tough and waterproof down to 33ft (10m), HERO goes where your smartphone can’t to capture every adventure with no worries.
- Voice Control : Control your HERO hands-free with simple voice commands like “GoPro, start recording” and “GoPro, take a photo.”
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® : Connect to the GoPro app to control your camera remotely, check out your shots and share your favorites on the spot.
- Auto Offload to Your Phone: Your photos and videos move to the GoPro app automatically so you can share the moment, in the moment.2
- QuikStories Enabled: HERO automatically sends your footage to the GoPro app where it transforms into a beautifully edited video with music and effects.1
- Auto Cloud Backup: With a GoPro Plus subscription, you can automatically back up unlimited photos and up to 35 hours of video to the cloud.3
- Full HD Video + High-Quality Photos: HERO captures stunning 1440p and 1080p video plus 10MP photos of all your adventures.
- Video Stabilization: HERO records smooth, stabilized video whether you’re shooting by hand or using a GoPro mount.
- Simple One-Button Control: Never miss an awesome moment. A single press of the shutter button powers on your HERO and starts recording automatically.
- Compatible With GoPro Accessories: Wear it. Mount it. Love it. With 30+ accessories available, you can get unique perspectives and capture your life in a creative new way.4
- Fast-Charging Ready: With the Supercharger power adapter (sold separately), you can charge up fast and get back out there.
Key Specs + Features
- Video: 1440p60 / 1080p60 / 0.5 sec Time Lapse Video
- Photo: 10MP / 10 fps Burst / 0.5 sec Time Lapse Photo
- 2-inch touch screen
- Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Voice control
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® technology
- Auto offload to your phone2
- QuikStories enabled1
- Auto cloud backup with GoPro Plus3
- One-button control
- Auto Low Light
- HiLight Tag
- 3 microphones with wind noise suppression
- HDMI out
- Rechargeable battery
- HERO Camera
- The Frame
- Rechargeable Battery
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Mounting Buckle
- USB-C Cable
- QuikStories requires the GoPro and Quik mobile apps, available free for iOS® and Android™. To create a QuikStory, your HERO must be connected to the GoPro app.
- Auto offload to your phone requires your HERO to be connected to the GoPro app.
- GoPro Plus is a subscription service available in select territories. Cancel anytime. To back up photos and videos to the cloud, your HERO must be connected to the GoPro app.
- Not compatible with Karma Drone, Karma Grip, Remo (Waterproof Voice Activated Remote), Smart Remote or Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
I’ll add new information as it becomes available.
UPDATE: Some more photos have surfaced supposedly from a Best Buy in Texas that had stocked the new GoPro Hero early on shelves. I’m still confused on the (Smokey) tag that the online shop that originally posted the product. It appears the new GoPro will just be called “GoPro Hero”
UPDATE 2: This new camera has indeed been released today and now available for purchase
GoPro Hero (2018) https://amzn.to/2J5qOKP
Photo Of The Mavic Pro 2 Leaked? (Fake)
For those who have been patiently waiting for more news of the Mavic Pro II may have gotten their first glimpse of what the new drone may look like today. Over the past year we have gotten many hints and leaks from a twitter user that goes by OsitaLV and for the most part is were all the YouTube channels and blogs have been getting their information from about the Mavic Pro 2 that is slated to be released this spring. Today OsitaLV shared a photo hinting that this is a leaked photo of the DJI Mavic Pro 2. Now there is no way for sure to verify if this is indeed legitimate but it sure does feed the excitement of those waiting to get their hands on one of DJI most anticipated drones.
Once announced official information of the Mavic Pro 2 can be found here: DJI Mavic Pro II
Mavic Pro II Release Date
Officially there is no word when The Mavic Pro 2 will be announced or released from DJI, the consensus seems to be Spring 2018. OsitaLV first stated that it could be announced on March 22, 2018. In one of his tweets he mentioned that beta testing of the Mavic Pro 2 is complete and it has entered mass productions as of early February. In a later tweet he mention it might be delayed until late spring. There are many who believe that the Mavic Pro 2 will now official be unveiled at the NAB Show 2018 that runs from April 7 -12. I guess time will tell.
Leaked Specs Of The Mavic Pro 2
OsitaLV Has provided many hints on what specs and features will be included with the Mavic Pro II
- Similar style remote as original Mavic Pro but some new enhancements and removable sticks.
- 1′ inch sensor.
- New gimbal design.
- The Mavic Pro 2 will be larger than the original Mavic Pro and will out perform the current Phantom 4 Pro.
- Obstacle avoidance on Front, back and bottom. Better obstacle avoidance in the dark.
- Larger more powerful motors.
- Larger battery with a flight time of 33 minutes
- Base package to cost 1299.99 and fly more combo 1699.99 (Ouch) quite a bit more than the original Mavic Pro
- Will have the APAS system as found in the Mavic Air
That is all we know so far and really non of these specs are confirmed and should only be considers as rumor not fact until DJI officially announces the new Mavic Pro 2.
UPDATE: This leaked image has indeed been proved to be a hoax. However rumored specs still seem to be legitimate. I will post more information as it becomes available. Anything you read online about the Mavic Pro 2 take with a grain of salt until officially announced by DJI.
My Favorite Drone
Best GoPro Memory
Updated 2018 GoPro Chesty Mount
The Best Case For Your GoPro
PolarPro Iris Review | Best ND Filters For Your iPhone
How To Import Fonts Into LumaFusion on iOS
How To Use A Microphone With The Zhiyun Smooth 4 & iPhones
Create Your Own DIY Double Ended Extension Pole
Grip Gear Movie Maker 2 Review | Best GoPro Time-Lapse Slider
Make Animations From Your 360 Photos | Free App & Tutorial
FeiyuTech G6 Versus FeiuTech G6 Plus | Stabilization and Motor Noise Comparison
Is This The GoPro Hero 7 Black? GoPro Hero 7 Rumors & Leaks
GoPro Gear / Accessories1 year ago
GoPro Remo Remote vs Smart Remote | Which is The Best Choice for You
Editing Apps: Tips & Tutorials1 year ago
How To Add Slow Motion To Clips in GoPro Quik App
Tutorials / Tips2 years ago
List of Voice Commands for GoPro Hero 5 Black and Hero 5 Session
Tutorials / Tips1 year ago
How To Adjust Playback Volume on Your GoPro Hero 5 Black
Tutorials / Tips8 months ago
GoPro Here 6 Beginners Guide & Tutorial – Getting Started
Drone Reviews / Tutorials5 months ago
How To Use A Bluetooth Game Controller With Ryze Tello Drone
DJI Mavic Air6 months ago
DJI Mavic Air and GoPro Casey | A Perfect Fit
GoPro Fusion / 360 Cameras9 months ago
Raw Footage Sample from GoPro Fusion