@OsitaLV recently shared an image of what looks to be a new accessory for the DJI Spark. It is a completely enclosed propeller cage but has yet to appear on the DJI Website. This does look interesting and I am sure there are many who would like it. What is not clear if this is a new accessory that will be coming soon or perhaps it is an old prototype that was scrapped. The spark is almost 2 years old so it is strange for them to be developing new gear for it. There are hopes that a Spark 2 or Spark Pro will be introduced in the near future. You would think if that is the case DJI would be busy developing new products for an updated Spark. I’ll update this post if any new information surfaces about the DJI Spark propeller cage.
LifThor Sif XXL The Ultimate Tablet Mount for DJI Mavic 2, Mavic Air and DJI Spark
If you are in the market for a strong and durable tablet mount for you new DJI Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom you might just want to take a look at the Lifthor SIF XXL mount. The Lifthor Sif XXL is capable of holding tablets from 9.7″ all the way up to 13″ This makes it compatible with the iPad Air, 9.7″ iPad Pro, 10.5″ iPad Pro and the 12.9″ iPad Pro. This mount system works with the DJI Spark, Original Mavic Pro/Platinum, DJI Mavic Air and the new DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom models.
What really drew me to this setup when looking for a mount I could use with a larger iPad is how durable it is. If you have used other mounting systems in the past you know that some cheaply built mounts are not very secure and you will find your iPad bouncing around and quite wobbly. The LifThore Sif XXL is rock solid yet still extremely light to hold. Another key benefit to this system is the fact that all your controls are completely visible when a larger iPad is mounted. Other mounts tend to block your view of controls and you are constantly tipping the device just to see your buttons.
The LifThore Sif mounting system can be changed up at any time. If you change the size of your tablet you don’t have to re-purchase a whole new kit. You simply have to swap out the clamp to accommodate the new size of phone or tablet. There are optional accessories like lanyards to hang it around your neck you can even purchase a sunscreen to help you view the screen on really bright days.
Watch our full video review of the LifThor Sif XXL tablet mount on YouTube and visit Thors Drone World to purchase.
Will We See A DJI Spark 2 or Pro Model | My Spark 2 Wishlist
Its been one year since DJI officially launched the DJI Spark and for me and many others, it really filled a void in the drone universe. The spark was marketed as a selfie drone but really its capabilities go so much further than that. One of the main features that many like about the spark is its small size. The spark was portable, powerful and offered a really high quality 1080 HD video. The spark is easy to pack and can fit easily into a backpack which made it the ultimate travel drone. I myself do a lot of hiking and the DJI Spark always comes along with me just in case I want to grab some footage. The DJI Spark has been on sale for some time at $100 off the original price and now comes with a free remote. When DJI puts their drone on sale it tends to mean that a new drone is coming down the pipe.
$399 DJI Spark With Free Remote: https://bit.ly/2kwcmAK
Fast forward a year later and we now have the Mavic Air alongside the spark and makes one wonder if the Spark is even relevant anymore? The reason I say this is because the Mavic Air actually folds up smaller than the DJI Spark and is easier to pack. This was one of the main selling points to many. Personally, I think there is still a market for the DJI spark and here is my reasoning and what features I would like to see introduced with a DJI Spark 2/Pro or whatever they decide to name it.
- Lose Some Weight: I think the size of the Sparks is still very important. The Spark comes in at a weight of 300 grams with a battery installed. For many countries, 250 grams is where most regulations kick in. Drones over 250 Grams need to follow the drone rules and flight restriction zones. If they could shave off another 50 grams somehow I think this would appeal to many people including myself. Those who live in large cities where there are so many no-fly zones could actually get back up in the air. This would have to be my number one wish for a new Spark, however, I don’t want DJI to go too extreme with a smaller size. The lighter a drone is the easier it can be blown around in the wind. The current spark does an amazing job in the wind and I would like it to remain that way.
- Folding Arms & Props: Now many people may disagree with this, but I would like to see the Spark 2 to be a folding drone. This would make the footprint of the DJI Spark 2 super small and super easy to pack and transport. Folding drones are very popular in today’s market and I think the Spark 2 would be a perfect candidate for a folding design. Others don’t like the folding design as it one extra step needed to get your bird up in the air and if you in a hurry it can be frustrating. Personally, I would rather a folding drone as I really don’t find it all that of an inconvenience.
- 4K Video: Now this is not super important to me as I am okay with 1080 HD Video, but if it could be done, 4K video would be a bonus. However, I would like it to be an excellent 4K! You see a lot of cheap cameras offering 4K video with low bit rates and bad picture quality. Personally, I would prefer superb 1080 than mediocre 4K.
- Rear Sensors: I would love to see some rear sensors added to the DJI Spark. Quite often I am flying backwards and having that little extra security would be really nice. Accidents do happen from time to time no matter how careful we are.
- Retain Price: Lastly, I would really like to see the Spark retain its 499 price point. In-fact the spark has been reduced in price for some time now selling at 399 with a free remote. I like this price point, it makes the drone more affordable and helps it get into the hands of more people.
Well, that is my wish-list. I would love to hear what new features you would like to see introduced into a next-generation DJI Spark.
My Favorite Drone
Best GoPro Memory
Connecting A Microphone To The DJI Osmo Pocket
GoPro Vlogging Case | How To Connect A Microphone To The GoPro Hero 7 Black
DJI Crystal Sky Waypoints 2.0 Firmware Update
Charging The DJI Smart Controller With A Power Bank While Flying
Smatree Portable Power Station For Mavic 2 Series Drones
PGYTech Phone Holder+ For DJI Osmo Pocket
What Is The Best Portable Travel Camera In 2019
New Update FeiyuTech WG2 X Review
How To Move/Copy Media On DJI Smart Controller To Micro SD Card
DJI Osmo Pocket Accessories From PolarPro
Tutorials / Tips2 years ago
List of Voice Commands for GoPro Hero 5, 6, 7 Black, Hero 2018, Fusion and Hero 5 Session
Editing Apps: Tips & Tutorials2 years ago
How To Add Slow Motion To Clips in GoPro Quik App
GoPro Gear / Accessories2 years ago
GoPro Remo Remote vs Smart Remote | Which is The Best Choice for You
GoPro Gear / Accessories1 year ago
How To Add A DIY Monitor To Your GoPro Hero 5/6 Vlog Setup
GoPro Gear / Accessories1 year ago
Aluminum GoPro Cage / Rig
GoPro Gear / Accessories11 months ago
Must Have $10 Upgrade For Your GoPro
Tutorials / Tips2 years ago
How To Adjust Playback Volume on Your GoPro Hero 5 Black
Tutorials / Tips1 year ago
GoPro Here 6 Beginners Guide & Tutorial – Getting Started